Just a quick post here to embed a couple of recordings of the same piece.
This first recording was made last June (2009) when I was trying to see how I really sounded to someone in front of the sound hole on my guitar. What did I learn? That I either sound awful, a Nokia 5300 is not a good recording device, or both.
Instead of removing the video completely I stuck a single pulled frame from the original, although the best frame still isn't a good picture of me.
This second recording was made today using a Zoom H4n.
- Mode: Stereo
- Microphone(s) used: Built-in, 90 degrees
- Format: 44.1 Kilohertz, 16 bit
- Functions performed on recording: Normalise, Convert to MP3 (320 kilobits/second)
- H4n Firmware Revision: 1.50 (System), 1.01 (Boot)
Not exactly a fair competition, but my Nokia 5300's microphone and speaker have become faulty again (and that's after having replaced them) so the 5300 deserves a bit of humiliation.
- Performed by: John Cook
- Title: Waltz
- Composed by: Ferdinando Carulli
- Score/Arrangement used: Pages 58-59, Solo Guitar Playing: Book One, Frederick M. Noad